…THAT WE SHOULD KNOW?
We’ve noticed some things: Record labels don’t rule the roost like they once did, and fewer and fewer of us are listening to mainstream radio. The old system is on it’s last legs, BUT people are listening to more music than ever… So, it’s time to get creative!
As we plan the release of our new CD “The World Awaits” we’d like your help in inventing creative ways to get this music to as many people as possible. So many of you have been expressing such overwhelming support for our songs, our sound, and our live shows, that we feel like it’s time to give you the chance to speak to us, and for us; to help us become what so many of you have told us we could become. We want to know the best way to get the word out, and we’d like you to tell us how. So, what do you know, that we don’t?
Tell us where you discover music, where we fit. What bands’ fans would also like us? What genre are we?! Here are some questions we’d love your input on… feel free to answer anything you think you could help with.
* What new music blogs, songwriter blogs, or guitar-player blogs do you check out that would be a good fit for us?
* What social websites do you visit that you’d like to hear our music on?
* What’s new that you know about, but we’re slow to learn about? (Twitter? widgets?)
* Where do you read reviews of albums and live shows that would be a good fit for us? (which specific sites that cater to acoustic music, folk… whatever YOU think we are. We write music, but we don’t always know what to call it!)
* Do you still like to buy physical CDs, to have them in your hands? Or do you just rip them to your computer and put them into your MP3 player?
* What aren’t we thinking of? What would you tell us if you had the chance?
Thanks for lifting us up!
ps… if you’d rather reply via email, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org